- What is the teacher/student ratio?
Average of 1:6 teacher-to-student ratio
- What range of diagnoses/combinations (CD/ED/LD) do you serve?
Primarily, students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, if deemed appropriate for our setting.
- Do the students wear uniforms?
We suggest students wear navy pants/shorts/skirts with a polo-type short or long-sleeved shirt with the St. Coletta Day School (SCDS) school logo.
- How much is tuition?
St. Coletta Day School offers students multiple pay options through the Special Needs Scholarship Program (SNSP), and private pay option. For details on tuition costs, please contact Bill Koehn, St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have a mandatory parent involvement policy?
While there is no mandatory policy, parents are strongly encouraged to participate in regularly scheduled Parent Meetings, special events, and Parent/Student/Teacher conferences.
- What licenses do your teachers hold?
Our teachers hold a range of certifications and licenses issued by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Can my student be accepted mid-year?
Students are accepted on a case by case basis. For more information, please contact Bill Koehn, St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee Administrator: email@example.com
- Are there fundraising obligations?
St. Coletta Day School does not require any fundraising obligations; however, all students partake in our signature fundraiser, ColettaScope. This is an opportunity for parents to assist with planning and participating in the event, which showcases the students’ artwork.
- Is there a religious component to your program. If so, what does it consist of?
St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee is a non-denominational school.
- What process do you use for expulsion?
Expulsion shall be considered as a rarity and used only as a very last measure.
- My child is wheelchair-bound with serious medical needs and profound cognitive disabilities. Can you accept him/her?
St. Coletta Day School is best suited for students with mild to moderate intellectual and/or developmental disabilities; however, we assess each potential student on a case-by-case basis. For more information, please contact Bill Koehn, St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are there opportunities for mainstreaming with neurotypical students and if so, what are they?
Opportunities for our students to interact with and be included in classes with our host school is assessed on an individual basis.
- Start and end times for school days, and access to the school’s calendar for planning (vacations, etc)?
The regular school day begins at 7:25 am, with the students’ arrival and ends at 2:45 pm. A yearly overview calendar is provided to the families, as well as monthly calendars with specific events listed.
- How much is school lunch?
St. Coletta Day School participates in the school lunch program provided by our host school, St Sebastian. Lunch prices for the 2020-2021 school year are as follows:
Grades k-5: $3.00
Grades 6-8: $3.00
- Do you have an afterschool program?
While we do not offer any after school programs, our host school, St Sebastian, does offer a before and after school day care program. Sports activities, clubs, and scouting opportunities are also available through our host school.
- How do I arrange busing?
Students who are identified with a current IEP through the Milwaukee Public Schools are eligible for door-to-door transportation. These arrangements are made, on your behalf, through St. Coletta Day School.
- Am I able to volunteer in my child’s class?
We have many volunteer opportunities available for parents who are able to commit to a regular schedule. Volunteering in our school, and our host school, requires a minimal training session that is offered through the Milwaukee Archdiocese. For more information, please contact Bill Koehn, St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee Administrator: email@example.com
- Are there scholarships available?
Qualifying families may apply for the Special Needs Scholarship Program (SNSP) as part of the application process.
- Is there a strategic plan and if so, does it include plans for SCDS to eventually have its own building?
The Board of Directors, with input from the school administration, staff and parent group, has developed a Long Range Plan. Our program is designed to work in a cooperative relationship with a host school. We have shared the learning environment with St. Sebastian Parish since 1956. This relationship best fits the needs for our students.
- How long have the staff been at the school?
Our staff has been with the school for a combined 27+ years.
- Who are your board members?
Our Board of Directors is made up of dedicated group of professionals from the community.
- What organizations do you partner with?
St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee partners with several organizations in the community.
- Are there service opportunities for the students?
St. Coletta Day School has a long history of a strong commitment to educating the whole child. Service projects vary throughout the year depending on student and staff interests, and community need. In the past we have worked with the Christ Child Society, Interfaith Food Pantry, Grandma's House, and many more, including our host school; St Sebastian.
- What information do I need/what is the process to register my child?
For a detailed look at the registration process, CLICK HERE.